Saturday, November 23, 2013

Frank Miller Adaptations are the Best in Comic Book Industry

I'm working at the library, doing my comic orders, and started to think of all the comics and graphic novels that have had movies based on them. I thought about the one of my favorite writers, the legendary Alan Moore, and how he has famously hated the movies based on his books -- which include "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen", "V for Vendetta", and "Watchmen" -- with some good reason. He first broke through in American comics with his run on SWAMP THING in the 80s, but I'm unsure if the movie is based on his work or his feelings towards the film.

Regardless, it got me thinking about another one of my favorites, and another legend, Frank Miller. It turns out Miller has been lucky enough to have some of his work converted into pretty good movies:





He's even had some good animated adaptations:





But of course, Frank Miller has been responsible for, or has had a hand in some real stinkers. Whether directing, writing or the inspiration, these movies related to Frank have realllllly sucked.



Here's hoping that the next Sin City and 300 movies are successful!

No comments:

Post a Comment